Items for Sale
I'm coming out to Qatar for the games in a few weeks and probably will be heading back to England at Xmas. Does anyone know how the tax rules work for income earned by British working abroad? Any ways around paying tax on it? I appreciate this isn't the most exciting topic, but any help would be appreciated!!
Boing Boing has responded by saying:
So instead we've decided to help put Secure Computing out of business. We're doing this in three ways:
- First, we're publishing a guide to evading the SmartFilter censorware. There are hundreds of ways to defeat these censorware apps, and we're going to catalog as many of them as possible.
Link to "BoingBoing's Guide To Evading Censorware."
- Next, we're compiling a list of SmartFilter's dumb classifications. Send us your misclassified SmartFilter sites so we can add them to the list.
- Finally, we're producing a guide to convincing your employer to ditch SmartFilter. It consists of parts one and two above: a list of bad SmartFilter classifications and a list of ways that SmartFilter can be shredded like wet kleenex. Why spend money on bad technology that doesn't work?
So, what can you do to get BoingBoing unblocked? Call 125 and request them to unblock it!
Well i know everyone that have moved to qatar is missing his/her home eventhough am happy in this lovely city but u know its hard to forget and leave alll things behind if u know wat i mean ........... wat i missed in home the first thing i missed r my friends..... they were a part of my life coz we used to hang out togethers...... anyways i am gonna depend on qatarliving to help me make new friends
so come on tell us wat do u missed in ur home ??
I am shortly to be coming to Qatar and have seen pictures of much traffic in Doha and similarly have read reports that congestion is becoming a problem in the city. Can someone please confirm this? Also how easy is it to park in Doha? Are there many car parks? Is it worth the hassle buying a car or will taxis suffice?
Hello everyone! First I would like to congratulate you all for this wonderful site. I joined a few weeks back and although I have been mostly silent, I have been reading most of the great info. you have here.
Now, I would like to contribute with a work offer for any QatarLiving member that could be interested. I will be looking for two local administrative assistants for a new Diplomatic Mission at Doha.
You can find the general profile for both positions at the classifieds section of QatarLiving. We are looking for a Spanish/English assistant and an Arabic/English assistant. Either Male or Female, with excellent oral and written communications skills in both languages. More details will be provided to selected candidates. This is for persons already living in Qatar.
CVs can be sent to Esv-Q/-a-t-/hotmail.com
Finally! What I've been working in for almost 4 months came to reality.. well yes!! I got a job!! It might be a miracle... I really think I deserve it coz I worked so hard in the job-searching period!!
I think that everything is possible, don't rely on anyone but yourself.. For all who are applying for jobs:
1. Don't only sit infront of the comp sending your CV.. Drop it by hand, is more efficient and effective.
2. Always search and search.. newspaper, websites, companies.. get info on all that!!
3. Searching shouldn't only take 3 hours/day.. sometimes I used to stay half of my day doing it!!
I think that's it.. I wish good luck to all who are trying to get a job and don't forget: if you try hard, you will find... and if you get the opportunity never forget that: you will never get a second chance to make the first impression!
I from singore, just arrived Doha on 20/2/06, can someone tell me where is most south east asian staying and eating place.
Any singaporean right here in Doha
Would this mean that once the Games are over, the housing bubble would burst? and the prices will come tumbling down? there will be lots of vacancies and those poor souls, fresh off the boat, who had signed ridiculously expensive leases, 2 or 3 months before the Games, will get a cheque in the mail...?
Many thanks for your responses.
I have read somewhere that if your spouse finds a job, she (or he) would get no allowance package from her employer, cuz you're already getting one with your "married status".
But if both spouses had opted for the "single status" allowance package with their respective employers, would each become eligible for the "single status" allowance ?
if each of them apply before arriving to Doha.
Many thanks for your opinions or real life experiences. Guru accountants are most welcomed.
I can`t believe how amazing the weather was yesterday night.....the lightening..the thunder...spectacular....and guys.......el d3a2 mostagab at such times .
Could anyone clarify please if smoking in public places is prohibited in Qatar, and/or if not, is it something which is being discussed with lawmakers, in public forums or the media :
1) Office workplace, in elevators, at meetings.
2) Government buildings.
3) Restaurants, movie theaters, shopping centers.
4) Qatari Airways.
5) Gulf Airways.
Thank you for your help.
Hi everyone (particularly aisha and safwany). I am learning egyptian arabic from a tape (before my proper lessons start so I can learn fast).
Please would you tell me whether the language is very different to gulf arabic?
I learnt How are you this morning and the phrase I learnt was not Kheyaf Haalic which I thought it would be so maybe I am wasting my time.
What's on in Doha for mum's ...
Mother and Toddler Gym Classes and Womenâ€™s Fitness Classes
Mother and Toddler Classes are now full.
Womenâ€™s Fitness Classes run on Monday from 9-10am; Tuesday 11-12am and Wednesday from 6-7pm. These are for women only.
Classes are run by Ms Gisela Hackfort from the Aspire Academy.
Contact Gisela on 561 2523 between 9 am and 12noon for further details
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?