Religious Evangelists! Please find another website!
This last week has been a weird content week. First we had an influx of people uploading random powerpoint presentations (you know, the type that bored office workers used to e-mail around until they found the Cult of QL). Then, we had a rash of cut and paste articles on Islam. Now, in response we have some cut and paste Christianity. I suspect that by tomorrow someone is going to get annoyed by this and start posting articles on how-to be Wiccan. At this point, these posts are feel like SPAM.
So, just so we don't drown out Qatar related topics I'm proposing a couple of solutions to this:
- This site is not a religious site. If you are intent on evangilising your religion, you are welcome to go and use them.
- Do not cut and paste articles from other sites
- This site is about Qatar and life about anywhere does involve religion. Reasonable discussion on religion (which leads to understanding) is fine. I suspect this involves questions like "Where can I find a church in Doha?", "What does the call for prayer mean and why do I hear it all the time?", "Why is the weekend on Friday here?", "How do I behave so that I don't offend local religious values?", etc.
- We do discuss all sorts of things here and discussing some religion sometimes is fine and as long as you are not trying to offend, insult or directly evengelise.
- If you still really really really only want to post about religion please ask for a blog on the site so you don't clog up the forums. Send me a priavate message if you would like a blog.
- If it feels like SPAM, it's gone.
Please let the insanity stop. I'm going to leave all the current articles that exist but will probably unpublish anything breaking these rules going forward (depending on how you all feel - please leave a comment!)
P.S. Just so I don't get the private messages from some Muslims members saying "Are you anti-Muslim" let me say this : I am a Muslim. I would love for everyone to be Muslims. Cutting and pasting diatribes is probably not going to help in convincing people of your message (heck, I don't even read it). The best way (at least on this site but probably in life) to show off your religion and values is to live them.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?