I got an offer to work in qatar, i need some info on cost of living....
assalamualaikum to all qatari and forummer,
I am from Malaysia, I got an offer to work with malaysian company in qatar as an engineer. I have some question to ask regarding on cost of living in qatar. I will be moved to qatar in the end of september
1. My salary will be QR 2200. My employer provide me house, and busses as transportation to work site. Other than that is on my own. I am targeting to save my money about QR 1500 per month.
2. How much the cost of food in qatar? Let say i reserve QR10 per day, what do i get? As an example, in Kuala Lumpur, one plate of fried rice and orange juice cost me RM6 (QR1 = RM1). I would say in qatar i will eat on the morning and night only. How about cost of 1.5 litre of mineral water? In malaysia it cost RM2
3. I have been to Saudi Arabia last 3 years, i found that there are no clinic in Saudi Arabia only have hospital and pharmacy. Malaysian culture, if u suffer fever, flu, and cough we would rather to go to clinic unless u are suffering major disease then u go to hospital. Is it in qatar the condition is same with Saudi Arabia? If there is clinic in qatar, how about the cost?
4. Phone Calls. If i buy the prepaid in qatar, how much is the phone call to malaysia? And how much is the initial fees? How much the cost if i used public phone to call malaysia?
5. I work 6 days per week, saturday to thursday, i am willing to do part time job as cleaner in hospital, restaurant, or maybe i will be a servant to clean qatari house. Is there any oppurtunities to work as one day part time.
7. How about the internet cafe? how much per minute for using ADSL speed? If I have my own laptop is there any wireless service in qatar?
Tq very much for whom concerning on my question, i would appreciate it very much....
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?