restrictions on Asian Games employees?
I'm a Canadian citizen who was in Doha working for the Games. I left Qatar in mid January, with an NOC and my residency permit was cancelled. Now, I have a new employer who wants to sponsor me.
When my new employer went to the ministry to enquire, they were told that the ministry will only allow about 10% of the AG staff to remain in the country. They won't say how many have stayed so far. I am very surprised about this, as the Asian Games told employees that the ministry looked favourably on keeping AG staff in the country and the AG HR department actively helped employees get other work.
In the meantime, my new employer is bringing me in on a 3 month business visa to see if they can sort out the mess.
Anyone hear about this one yet?
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?