Some questions about Qatar (visas, misc.)
I'm a female student travelling to Qatar this week from Canada, for 4 days. I have a few questions for the locals. Sorry if they're answered elsewhere, but it's my first time travelling overseas and I'm not sure if I'm entirely prepared.
1) I heard something about needing to purchase a Tourist Visa once I arrive in Qatar. Do I get this in the airport on arrival, or what? Can I pay with US cash?
2) Are there many flies in Qatar? Should I bring bug repellant?
3) Are public toilets generally western-style, and is there usually a good supply of toilet tissue, etc.?
4) Are there many game arcades around? Specifically... if anyone can tell me if they've ever seen a Dance Dance Revolution game in Qatar, and could tell me where it's located, I'd be quite thankful. Yeah, yeah, I'm a nerd.
I can't think of the other question I had right now, but if/when I remember I'll be sure to ask.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?