Qatar moved eight places to 34th position ICT Development Index 2013 that measures ICT access, use and skills. Bahrain and UAE ranked higher.
- The country celebrated its victory over Saudi Arabia in the Gulf Cup finale by thronging to the streets of Doha's Corniche, and it was amazing!
- Qatar clinched their third Gulf Cup title after coming from behind to beat hosts Saudi Arabia 2-1.
- Saudi registered a 3-2 victory against UAE to setup finale against Qatar, who won 3-1 against Oman in semi-finals.
- About 600 Nepali migrant workers in Qatar have taken to the streets to demand for minimum wages set by Nepal government.
- Approximately 8,600 street lights were fixed in several Qatari neighbourhoods including cities outside Doha like Al Shamal and Al Khor.
- Qatar's meteorology department forecasted unstable weather conditions with scattered rains to affect the country until the end of the week.
- Two restaurants and a food store have been closed temporarily by municipal authorities for selling expired food and improper storage and preparation of food. Names of violators included.
- Four members of the family suffer from food poisoning after eating food from a popular restaurant in Old Airport area.
A delegation from Qatar has met with the Chief Minister of India's Andhra Pradesh state to discuss a $10 billion investment.
- Toyota Qatar yesterday successfully pulled of a Guinness World Record attempt with the largest off-road SUV convoy in the world.
- The traditional Qatari dhow, Fath Al Kheir, will embark on another journey to India.