The Supreme Education Council (SEC) has introduced an annual “window for registration” for private schools, starting from the current academic year. It has also issued a set of guidelines for registration of students in different classes and curricula.
A Qatari court upheld on Monday verdicts in the case of two men convicted in the murder of a British schoolteacher, Lauren Patterson.
- A criminal court has sentenced a GCC citizen to six months in jail and imposed a fine of QR5,000 for assaulting a traffic officer on duty.
- Qatar's focus continues to be on mega development projects and those related to FIFA 2022 World Cup.
- Qatar has opened up three new mosques to worshippers as part of its plan to double the number of mosques to keep pace with the increasing population.
- At least five people got injured after a Karwa bus rammed into waiting commuters at the Al Ghanim main bus station Friday evening.
Qatar University's project on effective remediation method for desalinated water bagged the top prize at the 7th Annual Undergraduate Research Experience Program Competition held at the Hamad Bin Khalifa University.
- New parks with free wi-fi services are opening on a regular basis, and authorities are looking at plans to increase these in the future.
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) yesterday released a braille handbook of traffic signs at Noor Institute for the Blind.
HE the Minister of Labour and Social Affairs Dr Abdullah bin Saleh al-Khulaifi has said the ministry and all state entities are working hard to ensure the safety and rights of labourers in Qatar, noting that the government is trying to improve their conditions by building new housing and providin
As part of a campaign launched by the Qur'anic Botanic Garden, HE Minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage Dr Hamad bin Abdulaziz Al Kuwari planted a fig tree, and HE British Ambassador to Qatar Nicholas Hopton planted an olive tree inside the embassy premises, giving the fact that these two trees
High lighted news of the day from papers published through out Qatar. Such as the Peninsula Qatar, Al Raya, Al Sharq and many more.