- Several residents have complained that double parking that is so common in most internal streets is obstructing traffic and causing inconveniences to other motorists.
- A fall in oil prices will not affect development efforts in Qatar, thanks to nation's basic principle of sustainability.
- Industrial Area residents are seeking for a pharmacy that can operate round the clock. There's not even a single 24/7 pharmacy at the moment.
- Citizens have urged the authorities concerned to enhance traffic patrols at important roundabouts and intersections.
- Qatar bourse’s main index tumbled 2.9 percent yesterday amid heavy sell-off by foreign institutional investors to end the week at 12,942.
- The new charcoal grey-roofed ‘Capital Taxis’, operated by Ibin Ajayan Trading Group, hit the road with a promise to serve all parts of the country.
As part of the North Road enhancement project, the Public Works Authority (Ashghal) will close the Umm Ethnaitain interchange exit heading north on Al Shamal Road, leading to the army camp.
The closure will start on October 19 and continue for two months, until December 18.
- The National Cancer Program (NCP) has launched ‘Be Breast Aware’ campaign, an initiative addressing breast cancer and reaching out to women to become breast-aware and protect themselves against later stages of cancer.
Some residents of Umm Salal have urged the authorities to deal with the issue of houses in residential neighbourhoods being used as accommodation for labourers by companies.
A criminal court in Cairo yesterday sentenced in absentia Ahmed Mansour, a presenter on Al Jazeera Arabic to 15 years in jail on charges of torturing a lawyer in Tahrir Square during the January 25 uprising in 2011.
The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs has a long list of Qatari job-seekers who want to land government jobs.
The list has been referred to the newly set-up Ministry of Administrative Development.
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) experts have warned that the use of non-stick cookware at high temperatures and heating/storing hot food and drinks in plastic containers can transfer harmful chemicals to the food.