Temple at Doha for Hindus
Islam is the predominant Religion and makes up 77.5% of the population of Qatar and all others make up the remaining 22.5%.
Sunni Muslims constitute 98% percent of Muslim population. The majority of noncitizens are from South and Southeast Asian and Arab countries working on temporary employment contracts, accompanied by family members in some cases. Most noncitizens are Sunni or Shi'a Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, or Bahá'ís. Most foreign workers and their families live near the major employment centers of Doha, Al Khor, Mesaieed, and Dukhan.
The Hindu community is almost exclusively Indian, while Buddhists include South, Southeast, and East Asians. Most Bahá'ís come from Iran. Religion is not a criterion for citizenship, according to the Nationality Law. However, nearly all Qatari citizens are either Sunni or Shi'a Muslims, except for at least one Christian, a few Bahá'ís, and their respective families who were granted citizenship.
No foreign missionary groups operate openly in the country, but in 2008 the government allowed some churches to conduct mass. In March 2008 the Roman Catholic Church “Our Lady of the Rosary” was consecrated in Doha.
I have no interest in any religion whatsoever but I cannot keep my eyes closed to what is so obvious.
Why should only non - 'People of the Book' religions,viz.,Hindus and Buddhists be not allowed to practice their religion here when they are contributing so much to the country's growth?