Qatar Living Volleyball Group
Welcome to the Volleyball Group.
This group has been started by a bunch of players of varying skill level, just to play and socialise.
At present we play on the beach just south of the Intercontinental on Fridays from 09:00. Follow the link below for a map.
If you want to join, just turn up! It's free, so just bring suitable clothes to play & something to drink. If you have a ball, bring that too, but it's not essential.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Hi, I am a member in QF and I can reserve free and very good indoor Volleyball court, please contact me if you are interested, as I am a volleyball player and I want to play.
Hey people, since there is no reply from that old thread for long time, why dont we start a team and start playing?
Just update your name in the thread.. we will meet on Thursdays / Fridays in the evening.
Social Beach Volleyball: Join us for a fun game..
- Fancy a game of beach volleyball?
- Like to meet new people over a friendly game on a city beach?
- Can't think of anything better than chilling with a cool sea breeze after a few smash hits on a Friday morning?
Calling all amateur volleyball players and sociable guys and girls looking for a bit of urban fun: please join us for a game of beach volleyball! And bring your friends and family along with you! The more the merrier...
Date: Friday, 13th of March, 2009
Venue: Behind Intercontinental Hotel (refer to the map)
Weather Forecast: Sunny
Unofficial but worth sharing...
Rules and Regulations
I. The Game, Players, and Equipment
1. Teams consist of six players. However, a team may start or continue the game with four players.
2. This event will be Co-ed (minimum of 2 females on the score card and official roster), one female player must be playing on the court at all times.
3. All games shall be played with the “NO SIDE OUT” rule. That is, a point is scored on every possession.
4. Preliminary Games: A game shall be won by the team that has scored 25 points and is at least two points ahead with a cap at 27. A match consists of only one game and sides will be switched once 13 points has been reached by one team.
- 1895: William G. Morgan (1870-1942) created the game of volleyball in Holyoke, Massachusetts for the YMCA. yayy!!
- 1900: a special ball was designed for the sport. :D
- 1916: in the Philippines, an offensive style of passing the ball in a high trajectory to be struck by another player (the set and spike) were introduced. kkk... coooooooooool.
- 1917: the game was changed from 21 to 15 points. reallly??
- 1920s: there are unconfirmed whispers of men’s teams playing on the beach in Hawaii, but most accounts place the sport's origin in Santa Monica, California where the first Volleyball courts are put up on the beach at the Playground. Families play 6 vs. 6...
- 1920: three hits per side and back row attack rules were instituted.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?