Classifieds facility on Qatar Living (QL) is free and was established for the use of QL members as a means of selling, trading or swapping their unwanted items.
The success of the QL site has led to an immense number of adverts being placed, many by commercial organisations.
These organisations have been and are still tolerated providing they don’t flood the site with their adverts to the detriment of genuine QL members.
Here are the general rules that need to be followed: (For Property Classifieds, see further details below)
- All adverts selling a service, advertising property or selling goods that are posted on QL must be accompanied by a valid Qatar telephone number and prices shown in Qatar Riyals (QR). Those without valid numbers or advertised in other currencies will be deleted.
- Adverts involving the sale or trade of pets and animals will be deleted.
- QL does not expect to see repeat adverts posted on the site - please use the "Refresh this Advert" button. Repeated transgression of this rule will result in the user account and any subsequent re-incarnations being blocked.
- Adverts seeking to provide or seeking the provision of, “questionable” services, (such as “massage”) will be deleted and the poster given a first and only warning. Any similar and subsequent post will result in the user account being blocked.
- We expect each user to have only one account when posting adverts. If we discover that a duplicate has been created, both accounts will be blocked
- Adverts for items that are not permitted in Qatar, such as pirated games (or other software) music, films, CDs etc will be removed and advertisers will be requested to refrain from advertising such items on QL. Further postings for such items will result on the poster’s name being removed from the member's list. Subsequent re-incarnations will also be blocked.
- When posting photographs of autos, the photograph should be one of the actual vehicle being offered for sale. Photographs copied from brochures and photographs obviously not taken in Qatar may be removed. Such photograph should preferably display at least part of the number plate to prove that the vehicle is actually in Qatar.
- We are aware that there are many dubious marketing schemes around. Some of these take the form of offering high returns with little effort. If we suspect that adverts are promoting such schemes, the advert will be removed and the poster blocked.
- Qatar Living is NOT a recruitment site although we do permit the advertising of vacancies to those already within Qatar. We suggest that those seeking employment from outside Qatar use the proper (recruitment sites) channel for such tasks. Posters from within Qatar will be able to promote their availability within Qatar
- Qatarliving is not a matrimonial or a dating site.
- Advertisements for the sale of visas or assistance in obtaining visas are not acceptable. Posters of such adverts will receive one warning only. If they repeat the post their accounts will be blocked together with any re-incarnations.
It is hoped that you will follow these guidelines which we feel will provide a better experience for the genuine members of QL.
Rules for Property Classifieds:
All property classifieds should have at least 3 actual photographs of the specific property.
No other images or graphics are allowed.
The photographs should be of high quality and clearly reflect the state of the property.
Each available property should have its own unique images.
Each property should be posted as a separate advert.
Posting more than one property details in an advert is considered spam and is NOT ALLOWED.
Do not use repeated upper case letters, or include phone numbers in property images or in heading.
No contact details should be included in the description
QL owners, moderators and administration reserve the right to remove any advert at any time without prior warning or subsequent justification.