Moving to Qatar
Qatar has a relatively high standard of living and many expatriates find living in Qatar a very different experience from anything they had expected or what they have been used to.
None the less almost all expatriates enjoy what Qatar has to offer. Exciting job opportunities and equally promising salaries together with the attraction of the country make Qatar an enticing place to settle down.
Finding a job is not always that easy as all expatriates require sponsorship to work and live in Qatar. The safety, warm weather and family orientated environment further entice those seeking similar lifestyles and weather.
There are several fine resorts and beaches strategically placed along the 565 km coastline to choose from. You won't find any difficulty in balancing the work - play environment effectively.
There are many good furnished and unfurnished apartments to choose from and finding accommodation is not that hard. Depending on your circumstance either the company sponsoring will assist or the many estate agents will be more than willing to assist.
There is no shortage of entertainment- shopping, restaurants, cinemas and bowling alleys. A generous blend of café’s, nut shops and divine bakeries make Qatar an exciting country to relocate.
Qatar is expanding rapidly but the growth is not overwhelming as it still offers a vibrant yet peaceful pace of life.
Do you have any further questions? Create a post here and someone from the community should be able to help.
- "Hi Guys, Are you doing all you have to do to get a job? Take a moment and watch this video about how to be insistent, urgent and land on your dream job. Enjoy watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSW02pZn5cg&index=6&list=PLfvsmi8cSg17K1JZa8DIIXWivuQe_jacw"
- Dear All, I'm considering an offer working for QTEL (based near Diplomatic Street in Doha). I've been told Westbay and Pearl are locations close to work but these area's look expensive. What would be the third and fourth best accommodation to consider which is close but decent.
Hi we are moving to Doha this week, I am wondering what mobile phone networks are reputible and don't have lock in contratcs?
- Which one is the Best School for Primary Education , Santhiniketan / Bhavans ?
- Hi everyone, I moved here recently. I am a sport scientist working at Aspire Academy and will be looking for places to live once I get my RP. Looking to move near the Pearl or Westbay, or alternatively more closer to work (Aspire Zone, Al Waab, Al Aziziyah, Al Soudan etc).
- As a new transportation company dedicated to children at Parkhouse English School and Doha British School starting next term and 2015 academic year, please send the followings to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
Hello, guys, how are you?
I think, you are well and hopefully i expect you are spending good moments in the Gulf country. Actually i am from Qatar.
When i went in a driving school in Qatar, then i feel a measure for them, who wants a driving license which is a gold of dear.
- I am a Canadian, about to graduate from university with a civil engineering degree. I see myself working in the gulf in the near future and from the gulf job posting I see, they seek gulf experience for mid career jobs.
- Dear Experts/expats, I am senior software engineer by profession having exp of 5.5 years and earning 70k in india. Got an offer of from MNC IT14000 qar month all inclusive. I ill be relocating to Doha from delhi along with wife.
- How to get a job as a teacher in Qatar