I will be taking my driving test soon.
Has anyone taken the test before and can give me details on the test? I know how to drive but my home license was not directly transferable for the Qatari driving license.
Click here to learn more.
the instructors will guide you on the actual tests.
Hi, I am taking the driving test directly so I will not have any formal class room training. Any idea what they will test me on during the test. I am aware there is a "signs" test, but that is the extent of my knowledge regarding the driving test.
I researched this EXTENSIVELY - let me find the links and send them to ya :D hope to reply in a bit
Another booger soon at the road...
To start with ;)
I got my licence on Sunday in second attempt...i have few tips for you...
1. Try Karwa driving school...it's better and professional environment there and staff is supportive..dont go to Gulf driving..its fish market and highly unprofessional..my colleague told me, he had to pay the instructor QAR100 every week privately to continue lessons else they wont bother & that's bullshit.
2. You will need 2-3 sessions to understand how to master "L" parking on the ramp, Box (pocket) parking forward (Note- You have only one chance to move; no reverse-forward combination allowed.) Karwa charges QAR 100 for every hr if you dont take course..
3. Road tests are offbeat than you drive every day e.g. Theory class say you need to exit roundabout in same lane you enter...but they teach you to exit in fist lane no matter which lane you enter (Thats police test requirement) and similar things.
4. Try to give the test in the same school you go for practice.
5. test sequence is -verbal sign test- "L" parking- pocket parking-road test..remember-if you fail at one stage you will be out from there and cant go for remaining test..so try to clear as much as you can in first attempt so next time you will begin from where you failed last time.
I will highly recommend to register for a short course which is 12hrs (2hr-theory & 10 hrs practice). It should cost you somewhere around QAR 1500 which is worth the investment as fist test will be arranged by school immediately after you complete the short course and if you fail in that you can go for a direct test by paying another QAR50. This way atleast you can be sure about getting licence after the course..else will spend lot of time and money on taxis.
All the best!!!
C'mon stop moaning buddy...
I heard that they are doing advanced driver courses at the amusement park using the dodgems (bumper cars) so you can get practise before driving on the local roads !!!
Thanks all for the advice and links.
Wee Johnnie: I get enough of the "bumper car" experience while driving on the road here lol.
I also took the direct test last month in doha driving school, everything went perfectly, just be confident. Don't forget to memorized the traffic signs and don't get intimidated during the exam.
i want to apply for a driving license also...i know how to drive but my license from my home country expired already...
my question is:
will they allow expats with an expired license from their home country to take the direct test/exam??
Hmmm, not sure about that one. I had to apply for some paper work to do the direct test. You can ask those guys in front of the traffic department (I think you need to pay a small fee).
i am learning at Al Rayah and after 12 lessons Ive been told to book my test in after I have completed 20 lessons. I have been told that once Ive completed the theory exam which is on computer, i need to get 11 out of 15 right to pass then I get in the car, do an L reverse, then park the car, then drive on the road around a roundabout and thats all, finished in 5 to 10 minutes.
Insha Allah it goes well.