Moving to Doha,Qatar on October 2011
I'm a Filipino banker moving to Qatar with my family (wife & 7y yr old son) this coming October 2011. I would like to seek your advice on the following in order for us to settle smoothly.
1. Best place to rent an apartment between/near Philipine School and QNB office in Grand Hamad St.(budget QR 3,500 - 4000 fully furnished studio-type or 2 bdrm semi-furnished).
2. Can I use my driver's license issued in Saudi Arabia and for how long, if ever I go for a rent-a-car?
3. Location/name of nearest Philippine School in the area as I need to enroll/transfer my son to continue his education (Grade 1).
4. Location/name of nearest hospital as my wife is an ICU nurse and intends to work once we have smoothly settled. Also for regular check-up of my son(asthmatic).
Thank you in advance,
Click here to learn more.
will come here at the same time?Anyway, you have many option for housing locateion, Bin Omran, Messillah (where the two schools are), MAdinah Khalifa South and Fereez Kulaib, all withing striking distance from Hamad hospital (government ) and Al Ahli Hospital (private).I just hope the bank, your employer can process all your papers (with your wife and son) at the same time. Welcome to Qatar, Kabayan!
Thanks also for the info on the location of apartments to rent. I think Bin Omran and Madinath khalifa South is a strategic place..
Honestly, I'm not that comfortable on leaving my original passport to a rent-a-car company in exchange for their services.I would rather go for those requiring a credit card instead..Any how, I will look for other options on my transportation needs once I get there.
I will contact you. I need all the help specially from a kabayan..
..the apartment location/area you had mentioned is quite interesting. I will put it into consideration once I arrived there and starts searching for a place to stay. We are initially booked for 15days in a hotel by my employer and I need to find an apartment/flat within that period.
..my saudi driver's license is still valid up to 8yrs and I intend to use it there until I get a Qatari driver's license.
..I'm trying to get an info on the school and hospital as I need to have an idea as to the best Philippines school for my son and working place for my wife.
The affordable cost of house rent with your budget would be in Bin Omran and Madinath khalifa South. Phil. School and Hamad hospital is closer to this area.To rent a Car; They need your original passport, this is their major requirements for Rent a car company, only few rent a car company is accepting credit card instead of passport, the company will keep your passport or credit card for the whole duration of rent and you need to pay them cash, if you renting monhtly they will ask 50% DP and the remaining uopn completion.FYI: They require the passport because other people is not returning the car on the finish date instead they will abandoned the Car somewhere else and escape out of the country.Good luck to you!
..Yes, we are planning to settle in Qatar and will take a Qatari driver's license. Good thing that you had reminded me abt the need to have an RP (immigration procedure completed) before taking a rent-a-car services. I will try to check with my employer if they can issue a credit card for me otherwise I may need to pay in cash..thanks again!
1. Find a place in Bin Omran area. It's 5 min. away from Hamad Hospital(Best Hospital in Qatar) and 10 min. away from PSD(Philippine School of Doha) and also there is a fast route to Grand Hamad QNB thru corniche(15-20 min.)2. Yes! you can use your valid Saudi License for 3 months when renting a car but it's best to convert it to Qatari License just like zigazz explained.3. Locations/Address of Hospital and School are easy to acquire once you are here because I don't know their exact locations :)