Balita mula sa Gulf Times ngayong araw..Babala po!
Two imprisoned for illicit relations
Two Filipinos - a man (36) and a woman (33) - have been sentenced to a year’s imprisonment for maintaining illicit relations in the house of the woman’s sponsor.
The affair was revealed in November 2008 when the sponsor and his wife entered the maid’s room.
The Doha court of first instance heard that the sponsor’s wife found the lover hiding under the maid’s bed.
The defendants’ lawyers argued that the host family had dropped their rights against their clients, but the court dismissed that request after the accused confessed to the charges in the courtroom. The couple were spared the lashes as they were non-Muslims.
The convicts have to leave the country after serving the punishment, the court ruled.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?