NEED ADVICE - HOTEL SALES MANAGER / SALARY & ALLOWANCES
My name is Mai. I've been reading some of the threads in this forum and I have to say, most of you here have been so helpful, especially to the newbies, such as myself. Although some of the comments in the different forums have given me a handful of insight on how it is to live & work in Qatar, I haven't found much about working in the hospitality or hotel industry. And I'm really hoping some of you can offer further information.
I just received an informal job offer from one of the soon-to-open hotels in Doha -- "informal" being the operative word, as I have not received the contract or letter of appointment yet (I was told that I should receive both on or before Tuesday of next week), though I was already asked to attend the orientation this morning.
So far, the following were made clear during the orientation:
* Basic Monthly Salary: To be advised
* Status: Family = Husband (IT Professional) + Daughter (14 yrs old/2nd Year High School)
* Service Charge: None (incorporated in the basic salary)
* Gratuity Pay: 50% of Monthly Salary for every year of service
* Annual Paid Leave: 21 Days
* Variable Bonus: Depends on Revenue Performance of the property
* Annual Increment: Depends on Employee Performance
* Housing: Villa for 6 Months (contracted by company); afterwhich, an allowance will be provided (to be advised; accommodation to source on my own)
* Furnitures: Fully Furnished c/o company
* Car: c/o Company
I have several concerns:
(1) Is above fair enough?
(2) What is the decent compensation package for a Hotel Sales Manager with one 14-year-old dependent?
* Basic Monthly Salary (considering Service Charge is incorporated in the basic salary)
* Housing Allowance
* Utilities (water, electric. phone) -- is tap water potable?
* Other Benefits???
(4) Can anyone recommend a good secondary school (english based)? What is the average school fee per year? Is it possible to ask for school fee subsidy for my daughter?
My apologies for bombarding everyone with all these questions. But I really need to consider every little detail as I don't want to uproot my family needlessly. Still have a lot of questions, but I guess it should have to wait until I receive the contract. In the meantime, all comments, feedback, and advice shall be very much appreciated.
Thanks!... & Best regards to all kababayan!
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?