Qatar Driving License Test
Qatar Driving License Test
1) Theory Test – Signs
2) Practical Test – L Parking, Packet Parking and Road Test
1) Theory Test
A policeman pointed 4 signs (it will be teaches in the school) and asked us to mention the name. After passing this part of the test, the policeman signed our files and return to us.
2) Practical Test
I had to drive a car alone (a policeman watched from outside and A/C should be off and windows should be kept open) and I had to drive the car slowly up a small hill and stopped in the middle (yellow line) and put the parking park. Now accelerate and same time lightly release the clutch now u can see the bonnet will come up, now release the parking brake and go up and stop (If car slip back you fail the test.), then reverse it backwards again(you should not touch the polls otherwise you will be fail the Test). After passing, the policeman signed form and I continued onto the next stage of the test for pocket parking
In this section of the test you have to park and reverse into a small box without touching any polls. The car must fit in exactly in one shot, you are only allowed to reverse, not move forward.
My file was taken from me. After fifteen minutes we were called one by one to the waiting buses – those who had failed were not called.
There were 2 buses with people and two cars. In each car there was a policeman, one of the students drove the car, and other had a follow in the bus. One by one road test has to give.
Following 12 points will be checked during the road test:
1. Use your seat belt before you move off.
2. Change lanes and turn safely
3. Start and stop the car smoothly
4. Keep the car under control and on the lane
5. Abide by the appropriate speed limit
6. Comply with traffic lights ,sign and road markings
7. Check mirrors properly and before signaling
8. Apply handbrake when needed
9. Give the correct signals and in good time
10. Overtaking and passing safely
11. keep safe distance to other vehicles on the road
12. Proper observation and focus on the road ahead.
Above 12 points done correctly you’re passed.
Once back to the school you want to wait for 15-30 mints for the result. Passed people name will be declared and failed people mistake report will be given (based on the 12 points).
Pay two hundred and fifty riyals by card for driving license.
Some tips to follow:
ü Remains Calm - Before the test begins take a deep breath, forget about your anxieties and have complete focus on your driving.
ü Don’t be hurry once you sit in the car for driving, complete your starting procedures
ü Observant - Keep your eyes on the road and remember to watch out for any potential hazards throughout your test.
ü Remember to not turn to look at the examiner to ask questions or seek clarification.
ü Remember the Mirrors – Throughout the test, remember to glance in your side & centre mirrors every 8 secs.
ü Road Signs - Make sure you watch out for any road signs and that you follow these throughout your test.
ü Use the correct Indicators –Always use your indicators when you make any left or right turns.
ü Use the correct Gear – Always use the appropriate gear depending on your speed.
ü Gear – Start with first gear and move to second gear and 3rd …4th … and Turn (left or right) time reduce the speed as well as gear.
ü Turn (left or right) – Always use 2nd Gear, otherwise 1st (stop and Turing time) and 2nd gear
Mock Test – 3 days before the test date better you can carry out a mock test with your driving instructor, this will give you confident for the driving test. Any mistakes also you can correct it before the test….
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?