Moving to Doha,Qatar on October 2011
I'm a Filipino banker moving to Qatar with my family (wife & 7y yr old son) this coming October 2011. I would like to seek your advice on the following in order for us to settle smoothly.
1. Best place to rent an apartment between/near Philipine School and QNB office in Grand Hamad St.(budget QR 3,500 - 4000 fully furnished studio-type or 2 bdrm semi-furnished).
2. Can I use my driver's license issued in Saudi Arabia and for how long, if ever I go for a rent-a-car?
3. Location/name of nearest Philippine School in the area as I need to enroll/transfer my son to continue his education (Grade 1).
4. Location/name of nearest hospital as my wife is an ICU nurse and intends to work once we have smoothly settled. Also for regular check-up of my son(asthmatic).
Thank you in advance,
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?