Bank commissions? US$ to QAR...
Hi - I have a questions about salaries and bank accounts.
I am on the verge of accepting an offer for a company and have been offered US$10000 per month.
I am planning to get an HSBC bank account when I arrive in Doha.
If I have my account in Dollars would I need to pay any commission to HSBC when I convert from US Dollars to local currency (ie when I take cash out of the ATM or use my debit card).
Similarly if I decide to have my account in QAR, would I pay commission when the Dollars are paid into my account and exchanged to QAR?
I appreciate the the exchange rate is fixed at 3.65, but my question is do I pay any commissions to HSBC at any point when it converts from US$ to QAR?
Does that make sense? :)
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?