Red light Camera's are Public Danger
When ever you are inchs away from having a QR6,000 violation, You dont care who is behind you, nevertheless the cost to repair might be less then the Violation cost.
Qatar has one of the Highest Red light Traffic Tickets in the world $1,650 compared to the US average $200 (depending on the state) , Canada $155, UAE 500Dhs.
It seems those red light camera's are meant to cash in on poor Qatar population.
When ever you consider that the monthly Average Wage of a driver in Qatar is 1000QR, he will end up enslaved ( and with no exit visa) to payoff his debt over a year assuming that he paying back 50% of his salary.
It represent over 1300Hrs for the average Driver compared to 30Hrs for a minimum wager in the US
Tough Traffic laws will increase road safety only and only if it is not mean for profit.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?