Two Qataris, One expat killed in Ras Laffan
Report: Two Qataris, one expat killed in ‘horrific’ road accident
Two nationals and one expat were killed last night after a “horrific” crash in Ras Laffan last night, Al Raya reports.
The accident occurred when one car tried to overtake another, and struck an oncoming vehicle in the process.
The ages of the Qatari victims were 24 and 29 years old; the expat was a 40-year-old from Indonesia, the report said.
The accident comes amid a renewed push by the government to get people to drive more safely and avoid reckless behavior on the road.
More than a dozen pedestrian- and road-related accidents have resulted in fatalities this year.
In the MOI’s latest commissioned video encouraging more prudent driving, it reconstructs three deadly accidents that actually place in Qatar:
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?