World Chess Olympiad 2012
CONGRATULATIONS TO QATAR No.1 GM
World Chess Olympiad - Round 2 Report
Ukraine, the defending champion defeated Qatar with a 3-1 score despite the loss by first board GM Vassily Ivanchuk to GM Mohamad Al-Modiahki. Ivanchuk was slightly better with black but he carelessly allowed the enemy queen to sneak into the back rank. Ivanchuk immediately resigned, declining attempts to seek compensation for the piece.
Beating the top board of the defending champion Ukraine or should I say demolishing Chucky with style is an impressive win! I am sure this game will be included in future sicilian chess books. What an inspiration to young aspiring chess players out there.
Chess Olympiad official website: http://www.chessolym...
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?