Considering a position in Qatar and other questions
Hi Guys (and girls)
Some of you might remember me, I was asking about moving to Qatar a couple of months back. Anyway, negotiation is almost at the end of its road, and I will be heading to Doha, probably the first week of December, for a visit.
So a few questions:-
1) What is the usual business dress code in Doha? Would a normal business suit do? Or just shirt and tie is fine?
2) I will be seeing people in QIC, not sure if anyone would hear of this company, or know anyone in this company? And feedback?
3) If time permits i might start short listing accomodations... But i don't know where is QIC, and I prefer to be able to walk to work, so that missus at home can use the car? would anyone know of any place there to stay? I am hoping to get an apartment... at least 2 bedrooms, and hopefully with facilities.
4) How much does a BMW 325 cost over there brand new? Would i be able to get one easily or a used one that is 1 year old easily? (this question sounds stupid)
5) (This question are for the home-maker ladies) WE have no kids (at the moment) and if my work don't work... what can she do in the day? She can probably go shopping the first week or so... but i am sure she will be sick of the shopping center after that.... So Home Makers with no kids.. what DO YOU DO in your free time?
6) What are the benefits i should be asking for a position there? Housing allowance, medical benefits, spouse allowance, relocation allowance, home leaves? what else.. what is the norm?
Thanks in advance for any answers i may get. Sorry if the stupid questions bother you. But i need them answered....
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?