Super rich in Qatar grow, but how big?
Qatar’s ultra-high-net-worth (UNHW) population rose 3% this year even as their total wealth fell by more than 2%, according to a study.
The total number of UNHWs in Qatar stood at 300 this year compared to 290 in the previous year while their total wealth was $45bn against $46bn, said the report issued by research company Wealth-X.
Full story: http://www.gulf-time...
Interestingly this still puts all of them combined at less that 75% of Bill Gates's (Microsoft founder) fortune, and this is after he has given much of it away to charity. I think this highlights that ideas, rather than natural resources, are what produce truly enormous wealth. Apple, for example, has annual profits that would rank it 90th on the national GDP rankings (about where Jordan is).
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?