Is it OK to carry Mace with you?
I've posted in the Working in Qatar forums and now I feel I have a doubt that I should be posting here.
I've read and been told a lot about females being sexually harrassed (or even raped!) in Qatar. I still haven't been there, I don't know the reality of it, but I'd like to *legally* get a self defense weapon, such as mace, to always carry on my bag when I live there (I entered Qatar Airways and I'm moving in December).
Do you think I will be in trouble if I do it?
Is Doha a dangerous place for females during daytime as well?
Thank you and regards.
P.S.: I'm also thinking of the possibility of carrying pepper gas or a fake gun.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?