Can non-Qataris do charity work in Qatar?
Is it allowed for non-Qataris living in Qatar to raise money for charitable causes outside of Qatar?
Some friends of mine in the U.S. are building an Islamic school, and have asked me to help them find financial supporters here in Qatar. It is a legitimate and professional non-profit effort. However, things still must go through proper channels.
Thus, I am asking anyone who might know about these things:
1) Are there specific legal processes required for this kind of fundraising here in Qatar?
2) Are there cultural, political, or other sensitive issues to watch out for in this regard?
If you have any tips on these questions, or other advice, let me know.
Questions and Answers
- Sample Budget and Cost of Living
- Qatar Schools Database
- Residents Guide to Qatar
- Siteseeing in Qatar
- Traffic Rules
- Attending a Qatari Wedding
- Gift ideas from Qatar
- Buying a used car in Qatar
- Renting in Qatar
- What to consider when renting in Qatar
- Preparing for Winter in Qatar
- Registering a birth in Qatar
- Blackberry phones in Qatar
- Old Qatar
- What's Happening in Qatar
- Online Shopping in Qatar
- What does Doha look like?