Visas and Permits

Primary tabs

Tourists from over 33 countries - including the USA, Canada, Germany, and Iceland - can obtain a tourist visa upon arrival at the airport.

Other nationalities needs to arrange this before hand, either through a travel agent, a hotel or even Qatar Airways.

For work permits and business visas, the local company usually arranges this.

Changes to visa regulations regularly occur on short notice, so look through recent posts in this section.

Make sure to also check with your airline and/or embassy for further information.

  1. Need Help going to Italy...

    I was newly hired in my company (italian company)... They want me to go their by June 02 to June 12, 2015... They don't know how to process my documents/visa to Italy... Before they'll give me RP, I must be trained there... What's the best way to travel there?

  2. House contact attestation

    Hello every one,please i am in the process of making an RP for my new born daughte,and thy asked me to bring the house contract attestation,then i found out that it is a lot of money to be paid,as they are chqrging 1% of the early rental,anyone know how things work in Qatar?

  3. Transfer from visit visa to permanent family visa

    I want to transfer visit visa to permanent visa for my mother,since noone is there in my home country to take care of her, and all her childrens are here..I tried in immigration office in garafa , they are rejecting , itcant be have to keep relatives in visit visa no permanent visa..

  4. marriage

    Hello there ...

    i am libyan citizen living in libyan and my fiance is a yemeni citizen settled in qatar ...

    i need to know if im gona get the settelment visa after marriage or not i tried before to apply for tourist visa but iv been told tht libyans are blocked .

  5. Cancellation of Family visit visa

    I ll be cancelling my RP in July. My wife and kid is here in family visit visa under my sponsorship. As I wish to travel back to home country with wife and kid, is it possible to cancel family visit visa in advance before I cancel my RP.

  6. Visa in passport

    My wife recently became an American citizen and is getting a US passport, but her Qatari visa is in her Bulgarian passport. Will my wife have issues leaving the country if she uses her US passport without the visa?

  7. business visa

    how much is the penalty after business visa expires? my business visa expired last may 07, then my current sponsor just issued my working visa last may 13. i need to exit qatar on sunday bcoz of the new policy for transferring of sponsorship.