Visas and Permits
Tourists from over 33 countries - including the USA, Canada, Germany, and Iceland - can obtain a tourist visa upon arrival at the airport.
Other nationalities needs to arrange this before hand, either through a travel agent, a hotel or even Qatar Airways.
For work permits and business visas, the local company usually arranges this.
Changes to visa regulations regularly occur on short notice, so look through recent posts in this section.
Make sure to also check with your airline and/or embassy for further information.
- what is minimum salary to get the Family visa in qatar?
- I have been living in Qatar for the past 8 years. I recently landed a job with an oil company here in Qatar. But my application to transfer sponsorship from father's visa to company visa has been rejected more than 3 times already. The PRO says they even went to the captain.
- What do this mean? I applied for a family visit visa and its says "The Application is Cancelled", please advise.... thanks.
- I am in Qatar for last 7 years, i changed 2 sponsor during this period. Currently with present sponsor completed 1 year. I am profession by Secretary. I got one good offer, the company says you cannot transfer the visa now, you have to complete 2 years with present sponsor. Is it true.
Dear Ql friends, My husband had applied for my resident visa which was rejected and then he was told to come for committee interview in madinat khalifa.
- "Many people are waiting for the expected new labor law. So here's everything you need to know about the most important points in the proposed law draft and the current status. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3MdUajmFdI&list=PLfvsmi8cSg17K1JZa8DIIXWivuQe_jacw&index=4"
I used to work ins sales for a very huge Real Estate Company in Qatar, and left in August 2014. Although I loved what I did, the department I worked in had a lot of major issues, which included not being paid commission - which was confirmed to me prior to acceptance of the employment.
- On a transit visa to saudi from doha but coming back in 72 hours without existing saudi by road
- Hi everyone, Would really request your advice on my situation. I am on a work visa with a company here. My medical and fingerprint were completed recently. However, my contract was not done by the company till now and hence there is no RP. My passport is with me right now.
Application for the post of Network Administrator / IT System support technician / any suitable post in Professional IT Dear Sir / Madam: I would like to apply for the above mentioned post.
- wife visa request was rejected on NOV-13th. Her nationality is japanese and my salary is more than 12. I think the problem was documents which I subbmitted. I haven't get any appointment with captain in immigration office.
- I came to Doha just one month ago to join my partner, and accepted a job as a primary school teacher, even though my profession is something totally different.