Doha Festival City announces opening of new retail outlets and reopening of all stores on weekends
After overcoming the peak stage of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and being successful in flattening the curve, Qatar today enters Phase 2 of the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in the country as planned initially.
As Qatar’s Cabinet decided to end working with its decision of closing shops and all commercial activities on Fridays and Saturdays in a meeting chaired by His Excellency Qatar’s Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, the decision goes into effect starting Thursday, July 9, 2020.
Doha Festival City, Qatar's one and only choice for shopping is pleased to announce the opening of new retail stores from renowned global and local brands, adding to its extensive portfolio of first to market concepts in Qatar.
Newly opened stores Digital House Pro, Karaca Home, and Ambix, a French perfume specialty boutique at Doha Festival City are now open to welcome shoppers.
Visitors can now get their mobile maintenance fix from Digital House Pro, one of the leading companies that aim to become the world’s best phone repair and maintenance in Qatar.
Furthermore, visitors can enjoy an extensive range of home textile from Karaca Home, and enjoy the best quality coming straight from Turkey ranging from bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room, accessories.
shoppers can also now shop for their favorite French perfumes from the Ambix specialty perfume boutique.
DFC will open all stores during weekends starting from 10th July with 50% capacity
In line with the preventative measures set by the Supreme Committee, Doha Festival City has introduced stringent health and safety measures throughout the mall for its staff and visitors.
- Restaurants and cafes will continue to provide takeaway and delivery services only.
- Entertainment stores including Cinema and play areas will remain closed.
- All children under the age of 12 will not be permitted to enter the shopping mall.
- 127 hand sanitizing stations are installed in the areas that have commonly touched surfaces.
- All visitors entering the Mall should show the green code on the Ehteraz app on their mobiles, wear masks, and always maintain social distancing.
- Stores will provide sanitizers on entry and at cash points to ensure the highest level of hygiene.
- Instructions are installed at the entrances and throughout the Mall to remind the public about the distances that must be observed and to sanitize their hands regularly.
- Hypermarkets and pharmacies along with other retail shops will operate from 8:00 am-10:00 pm from Sunday to Thursday.
- On weekends, hypermarkets and pharmacies along with other retail shops will operate from 10:00 am- 11:00 pm.
We cannot wait to welcome you back to your one and only mall of choice this weekend! 🌟— Doha Festival City (@DohaFestCity) July 9, 2020
⏰Friday 10:00am to 11:00pm (Closed during Friday prayers)
⏰Saturday 10:00am to 10:00pm pic.twitter.com/pNuYcqvZ1w
- Banking and telecommunications branches will be open from Sunday to Friday.
- Monoprix will remain open Sunday to Thursday from 8 am-11 pm, on weekends from 8 am to 12 pm.
- M&S Food Hall remains open daily from 9 am- 10 pm.
- Boots Pharmacy will remain open from 9 am- 10 pm on weekdays, 9 am – 11 pm on weekends.
- Kulud Pharmacy will be open daily from 8 am – 12 pm.
For any queries, or concerns related to COVID-19 in Qatar, the public can contact a 24/7 hotline set up by the Ministry. The hotline number is 16000 and is toll-free.
Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living