How to pay your Zakat online in Qatar
Zakat is a crucial pillar of Islam. All Muslims who meet the necessary criteria must donate a certain portion of their wealth every year to the less fortunate people.
Zakat is said to purify yearly earnings that are more than what is required to fulfill the necessary needs of an individual or family.
The amount of Zakat due each year should equal 2.5% of a Muslim’s disposable income and wealth.
It is an act of ultimate selfishness, generosity, social reformation, and a cleansing process of the heart from greed and misery.
In Qatar, the Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs (Awqaf) allows individuals to pay Zakat online, through bank deposits, or by telephone.
How to calculate your Zakat:
- Fill out the Zakat Calculation Online Form, entering the required data.
- Click "Calculate your Zakat".
- Please enter values in digits only when calculating your Zakat, and use “Tab” to move from one field to another.
You may also calculate your Zakat through the Zakat Fund.
Steps to follow to pay your zakat through bank deposits
- Enter the Zakat Fund website.
- Choose "Donation Means", and then "Deposit in Bank Accounts".
- Check the details of the banks providing this service and the account number of each, then visit any of them or donate through an ATM machine.
Steps to follow to pay your zakat online:
- Fill out the online form, knowing that you may request a receipt.
- Pay with a credit card.
To pay Zakat through telephone:
- Zakat payments can be made by dialing 55199996.
You can also pay your zakat through Qatar Charity (QC).
QC has launched its Ramadan of Hope campaign for the current year 1442 AH 2021 AD. This donation campaign is available through the QC’s website and through their mobile applications.
Donation options include feeding the one fasting, paying zakat, and sadaqah.
Many individuals prefer to pay their Zakat during the holy month of Ramadan. QC utilizes Zakat for sustainable development by reaching out to those in need and helping them recover and become self-dependent with production means that puts an end to their poverty.
Visit our Ramadan Page for more useful information about the Holy Month!
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial