Qatar National Library: How to become a member
If you are a citizen of Qatar or possess a residence permit, you can sign up to become a member of Qatar National Library (QNL) for free! The process is straightforward and easy, so if you’re interested, here are the steps for becoming a member and applying for a library card.
Registration for 18 year olds and above
1. Fill in the online registration form
2. Wait for an auto-generated barcode number to be given to you.
3. Email a copy of both sides of your valid Qatari ID/RP to email@example.com.
4. You should receive your barcode and PIN number on your registered email.
5. Visit the User Services Desk at the Library with your valid Qatari ID/RP to receive your library membership card.
Registration for children and teenagers up to the age of 17
1. Fill in the online registration form.
2. Fill in the Terms and Conditions Form as a parent or legal guardian, print it and sign it.
3. Scan a copy of the signed Terms and Conditions Form and both sides of your child’s valid Qatari ID/RP or passport and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can bring these documents with you when you visit the User Services Desk at the Library to receive your child’s library card.
As a QNL member you have free 24x7 access to the Library’s online resources of 500,000 e-books, periodicals, newspapers and other material.
You may also borrow books from QNL’s print collection, access the Heritage Library collections, and participate in all QNL academic, educational and public programmes and services.
Getting your QNL Card
As a QNL registered member you can upgrade your membership and apply for a QNL card. You can borrow books and benefit from other library services with the library card. To register:
1. Visit the User Services Desk at QNL and show your valid Qatari ID/Residence Permit used for the online registration.
2. A member of the staff will issue you a library card. You must come in person to receive your library card.
Handling your online library account
To log into your account, enter your barcode or Qatar ID and PIN without any space and click ‘Submit’ to log into your account.
With your QNL membership account you can:
• Check your loans and due dates.
• Check for any items you've requested.
• Renew items.
• View requests you've placed that are awaiting pickup.
• View any fines, fees or blocks you may have on your account.
• Check your email notifications from your library account.
How to modify your PIN
1. Below your account details, choose ‘Modify PIN’ on the left sidebar menu.
2. Enter your old PIN once in the pop-up window (make sure pop-ups are enabled on your browser for this).
3. Enter a new PIN twice in the text boxes provided.It should be at least 4 characters long and and contain both letters and numerical characters.
4. Click ‘Submit’.
5. The screen should open to a message reading ‘Your PIN has been modified’, which means you’ve succeeded! You can then close the window.
You can email email@example.com with your details to resend your PIN.
Contact the QNL User Services team
You can call at +974 44546100 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already visited the library? Let us know what you think of it! Share your thoughts in the comments below.