Qatar's Communications Regulatory Authority shares tips to protect children from cyberbullying
In this day and age when work and study have moved to the digital realm, it's even more important to ensure the safety of your child against possible bullying over digital devices. This could happen through text messages, apps, anywhere on online forums, social media or gaming, where people can interact.
In a post on its Twitter page, Qatar's Communications Regulatory Authority has shared some tips to help parents protect their kids against cyberbullying.
The advice includes the following:
- Talk to your children frequently and build their confidence. Let them share their feeling and fears.
- Monitor your children's behavior and activity online.
- Education your children about cyberbullying and its dangers to be able to recognize when it occurs
- Ensure that your children do not share their personal information on the internet such as address, phone number and school name to avoid getting it used against them.
- Teach your children how to use social media privacy settings.
- Ensure that your children know how to report bullies and block them.
To report a cyber crime in Qatar, you can contact the Cyber Crimes Investigation Center via call: 2347444 or email: email@example.com
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial