Unconventional cleaning tips you might have never thought of
Cleaning can always be tough and time consuming. Especially, when you have to scrub and dust while your favorite TV show goes on, that could be the worst of all times.
However, although most of us aren’t “Cinderella in Cleaning”, here are some unusual cleaning tips that you’d probably have never thought about.
1. Your towels or linen have got that dank, mildew stench? Give them a good wash with some vinegar for fresh and fluffier ones.
2. Use Powerade
The overpowering smell of chemicals can make cleaning the bathroom harder than it should be. But rather than getting out the bleach, try putting two cups of Gatorade in the toilet. Normally consumed as an energy drink, Gatorade has the power to turn you into the Michael Jordan of cleaning. Leave it in the toilet for one hour and then scrub it away.
3. Make a mixture of hot water and baking soda or vinegar for the stinking sink holes. It will flush out the odour although not forever, but at least for some time.
4. Clean ceiling cobwebs with a yardstick and sock
Can you see cobwebs in the corners of your bathroom ceiling? If so, you should probably watch out for spiders. Then you should clean away the webs. A neat trick to clean them when you don’t have a stepladder is to use a yardstick (or something similar) with a sock on the end. This will allow you to reach into the corners of the bathroom ceiling.
5. Who doesn’t hate coffee tables with the rings of glasses and cups that had been kept on them without coasters? You could scrub them off with a mixture of salt and olive oil. Don’t give up if they don’t disappear immediately. Give them some time and you’ll realize that they’ve vanished!
6. Coffee filters clean glass
There are several ways to clean bathroom mirror and shower glass, but some end up being more work than they’re worth. A rag and window spray are a common combination, but one of the more popular methods is to use the spray with newspaper, which is absorbent and effective at cleaning glass. However, a coffee filter can be better than both a rag and newspaper because it doesn’t leave lint or ink behind. Try this out and see the sparkly difference.
7. Cleaning microwave ovens can be tricky. However, you could heat some water and lemon juice/vinegar in a microwave safe bowl. Leave it to cool and then wipe the sides of the oven off. You’ll get a clean oven in no time!
8. Toothpaste isn’t only to clean your teeth. You could rub away silver tarnish using them too. Simply apply some toothpaste on your pieces and rub them out with a rag.
Got any more unusual cleaning tips? If so, comment below.