Tips for secondary school students for writing exams during COVID-19
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) shares few tips to secondary students who will write their final secondary exams this Monday about overcoming extreme stress and anxiety associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to HMC, all government organizations took the necessary precautionary measures to ensure the safety of students, stating that all efforts have been taken to ensure exams are written in a safe environment and that stringent health and safety measures have been put in place.
An official from HMC explained that some stress and anxiety among students is expected, due to the COVID-19 pandemic but notes that students and their parents must make all efforts to ensure they remain calm and focused on their exams.
Dr. Majid Al Abdulla, Chair of Psychiatry at HMC advises students to try to keep a positive mindset, noting that negative self-talk and thoughts can quickly spiral and cause stress and anxiety. He recommends students try to think positively and feel confident in the knowledge that government organizations are working hard to ensure all necessary steps have been taken to protect their health and safety.
He also recommends students try to incorporate relaxation exercises into their day, including deep breathing, meditation, and muscle stretching exercises that can aid relaxation. He says these exercises can help students remain calm and boost their self-confidence. He also says praying can help students feel more centered and psychologically strong.
Dr. Al Abdullah also stresses the significance of the family’s role in creating a peaceful environment for the student at home. He says family members should offer students emotional support and help students who are facing anxiety or fear.
Here are some tips for students who are writing exam:
- Focus on your studies and avoid paying attention to rumors and bad news about COVID-19, especially from unreliable sources on social media platforms.
- Manage your time effectively by establishing a schedule for studying and take 10-minute breaks while studying to boost your energy and concentration.
- Avoid staying up late and ensure you sleep at least 8 hours a day. Having enough sleep is important for maintaining your health and strengthening your immune system.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Avoid excessive consumption of foods that are rich in fats and sugars. Do not skip your breakfast as it can help boost your concentration. It is also important to exercise regularly, as physical activity can help stimulate the learning process.
- Avoid overconsumption of stimulants, such as tea and coffee, as they can lead to insomnia and poor concentration during exams.
- Follow all COVID-19 precautionary measures. Avoid greeting your friends with handshakes or kisses and always maintain a distance of at least two meters between you and other people.
- Always wear a face mask and wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living