How to apply for Permanent Residency Card
This is a guide to help you apply for the permanent residency as smoothly as possible based on my experience. Here's what you need to do:
1. Go to Main Immigration Office, Gate 2, best thing to get there 5:30am and stand in line before the jam
2. For those born in Qatar, you need to take your passport + birth certificate and update your data in immigration office (udpate takes 1-2 days)
3. If you have never activated eGate, then you should get the eye scan (on the right side of the reception). If you have done that before, then no need to do it again (if the agent asks, just say that you eye-scanned recently; it will be there from earlier so don't worry)
4. You should have your QID with you as you need to get it replaced with smart card (even if you have an old card with chip, still needs to be replaced) - cost is QR250
5. The person that issues your smart QID should activate "Government Services" - make sure they do
6. You need to activate the card by Machine (inside Gate 2, to the right of entrance) to get a 4-number pin code
7. Get an eCard reader from Jarir Bookstore or some computer shop
8. You are good to go and apply for the permanent residency (once the data update from #2 is reflected for those born in Qatar) - cost is QR3000
1. You can include your wife and children (below 18) in one application, however, you should update their data as mentioned in #2 above (applicable to born in Qatar)
2. For those not born in Qatar, you can skip #2
3. If you believe that you are eligible, and it says otherwise, then you need to update your information in Gate 2
4. You need a number from reception to issue smart QID (A-category)
5. You need a number from reception to update your data (B-category)
6. Eye scan and machine activation may have a queue, but there are no numbers (stand in a line)
Good luck with your application, pray for me and thank you ;)
Click here to learn more.
Onshaath, thank you for the reply. It actually says "To whom it may concern" Certificate. Makes me think it is a form of legal document. Well if anyone here knows for sure would be appreciative for more input on this.
@compudent: probably a letter that says give me residency, trying to answer “why do u deserve it” (this is my guess)
@anonymous121: not sure, but probably females 18+ can be included in the application of the sponsor
When asked to submit supporting documents, one of them is a “To whom it may concern” letter. That’s all it says. To whom it may concern. This is in addition to
1) copy of ID 2) birth certificate and 3) education diplomas. But do you or anyone know what is required in a “To whom it may concern” letter? Of course there is no further explanation on the website application form. Frustrating.
What about the children (females) that are above 18 and under father's sponsorship? Do they have to apply in a separate application?
Good work @onshaath.
Appreciate your good work that is helpful for others.
I always encourage helping each other ..and sharing the knowledge. A seed you plant today may not cost even 1 Riyal today, but the tree it will become and the fruits it will bear will be a priceless gift for the birds , humans and provide shade and oxygen.
Keep up the good work. May Allah bless you and your family.
I don't need any of the above services but nevertheless I will pray for you for being helpful to others. That is the real spirit of living.
May Allah bless you and your family.