Katara celebrates Eid Al Adha with an array of activities
Eid Al Adha Mubarak!
You can celebrate this joyous occasion at Katara Cultural Village as it is holding a range of activities throughout the four days of Eid Al Adha.
Your Eidya in your Car
There is a drive-through distribution of gifts at some points in Katara from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm during Eid days.
“Mural of Gratitude for the frontline healthcare professionals in Qatar”
Katara Cultural Village inaugurates “Mural of Gratitude for the frontline healthcare professionals in Qatar” during the Eid Al Adha celebration in the Southern area. Acknowledging all the efforts they have made, Katara expresses its gratitude to the medical staff by inaugurating a 50 meters long mural in the southern main entrance., with the participation of 12 fine-art artists.
The mural is a salutation of appreciation from the artist to the frontlines white army soldiers for combating the COVID-19 pandemic.
One of the most anticipated of all activities and events during Eid is Katara's fireworks. This Eid Katara will be holding virtual fireworks for everyone to enjoy from the comfort of their homes. The fireworks will be displayed on Katara's website.
Katara Prize for Cartoon
Caricature drawing for work experience from home or homeschooling.
- The first prize: 5000 USD
- The second prize: 4000 USD
- The third prize: 3000 USD
- The fourth prize: 2000 USD
- The fifth prize: 1000 USD
Terms and conditions:
- Participation is open to all caricaturists from the age of 18 years and above and from any country.
- The text must be written in Arabic.
- The drawings must address the topic (working from home or homeschooling).
- Each participant can submit a maximum of three works.
- The submitted works should be new and created specifically for this prize and should not have been published before in any media, social media platforms, or websites.
- You can submit your drawings in color or black and white, and you must put your signature inside the drawing.
- A4 size landscape: 297 mm x 210 mm.
- Submit your works by scanning or jpg or jpeg format photos.
- Kindly send your personal information with your work (ID or Passport copy, contact number, and email address).
Send your works to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit your artwork is August 15, 2020.
Katara Novel and Fine Art Competition
Painting the cover of the Katara Prize for Arabic Novel 2020 publications:
- Unpublished novels
- Published novels
- Unpublished novels for boys
The winner of the best cover for each novel will receive USD 500. Publishing the winning painting on the cover of the novel and mentioning the artist’s name in the publication. The reserved rights of the winning painting will be owned by Katara.
Terms and Conditions:
- Painting size (hand drawing): 19 cm long and 16 cm wide. The painting size can be enlarged while maintaining the aspect ratio.
- Submit the painting in JPG format.
- No signature on the canvas.
- Artists can participate with more than one painting for more than one novel.
- The painting should reflect and express the content of the novel.
For more information email: email@example.com. The deadline to submit your artwork is July 15, 2020.
All activities will be held in line with preventive and precautionary guidelines recommended by the Ministry of Public Health.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
who goes to katara for 3 days to get free gifts for their kids. Its alright if you went there to have good time but just to get the free gifts 3 times?
It's a great disappoint for my valuable time and kids dissatisfaction. Tried 3 days for drive through gifts in different timings 5:30,6:60,7:30. Always same answer from security "Qallas and come tomorrow". Finally I decided to buy nice gifts for my kids instead of wasting time. I know this comment will not be approved by QL. Just for your information...