Major works of Umm Al Seneem Health Center complete: Ashghal
As Qatar continues to expand its healthcare services, the country’s Public Works Authority, Ashghal, has announced the completion of the major works of the Umm Al Seneem Health Center.
The center can serve at least 600 patients a day through 40 medical clinics.
Spanning over an area of 27,600sqm, the center has a two-level main building that covers all clinics, in addition to annex buildings including a mosque, support services building, guards; building, supervisory workers’ room, MEP maintenance center, an ambulance garage and some 297 parking slots.
Ashghal underlined that the center is situated in a key residential area and builds on the Authority's earlier efforts to enhance ease of access to healthcare services to citizens and residents across the country. It adds to the list of health facilities completed by Ashghal in 2021 such as the Al Khor Health Center and South Al Wakra Health Center.
Amal Al Sulaiti from Ashghal’s Buildings Projects Department highlighted that the center has been designed keeping the people with special needs in mind and features signboards with expressive images, Braille script symbols for the blind, suitable washrooms, wide corridors and automatic doors for ease of movement. The height of the reception desks is designed accordingly in addition to keeping parking lots close to main entrances and providing ramps instead of stairs.
In addition to using cutting-edge technology in the engineering design of the center, special attention has been given to incorporate the heritage and local culture while adhering to the highest standards of fire safety, and as 3-star green buildings sustainability rate.
The designs of the new health centers specially focused on achieving environmental quality of 3-stars in terms of energy-saving and preserving environment, including: use solar energy for heating water inside buildings; use of natural lighting by making panoramic openings in the ceilings to allow sunlight to enter, contributing to saving electricity used in lighting, and purifying the place as much as possible; creating a system to rationalize the consumption of water inside and outside the building; the provision of green spaces for plants and trees on the premises of the building; and environment preservation during the project implementation period.
Services Provided at the Main Building:
- Pharmacy (medical provisions, stores, and 6 distribution points)
- General Clinics (14 clinical rooms)
- Women’s Wellness Clinics (general clinic rooms, 2 maternity clinic rooms, 2 healthy baby clinic rooms, and one ultrasound room)
- Outpatient clinics (2 observation rooms capable for 6 patients, 2 treatment rooms for 4 patients, 2 blood sampling rooms, 3 biometrics rooms, isolation room)
- Radiology department (X-ray room, mammogram room, panoramic room, ultrasound room)
- Women’s prayer room
- Specialty clinics (2 ophthalmology, 2 audiology rooms, dermatology clinic, ENT clinic)
- Dental clinics (8 clinics)
- prenatal training room
- Nutrition awareness room
- Multipurpose hall
- General services
- Fitness center attached with physiotherapy, changing rooms and showers for men and women
- Rest rooms and lockers for men and women workers
- Meeting room and library
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial