WATCH: How to renew your health card in Qatar
In Qatar, health services to all citizens and residents are provided in government health care institutions through a health card system.
Renewing health card can be simply done through the government online portal or by visiting Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) facility or a health center affiliated to the Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC).
How to renew a health card online:
- Enter Qatari ID number and select “Renew (Update Expiry Date)” in the “Card Information” page.
- Then click on “Next”.
- Select “Number of Required Years” to renew the card and enter telephone number in the “Application Form” page.
- Enter your email address if you select “Yes” to receive the receipt voucher by email.
- Enter your mobile phone number if you select “Yes” to receive SMS notification.
- Click on “Next” to move to the “Payment Details” page, then click on “Pay”.
Pay appropriate fees and submit your application.
How to renew a health card offline:
- Visit any HMC facility or a health center affiliated to the Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC).
- Submit the following documents:
Qatari Adults: Copy of valid ID or passport, and passport-size photo (4cmx3cm)
Qatari Children: ID number and old health card
GCC National Adult: Copy of ID with Qatar personal identity number and old health card
GCC National Child: Copy of ID with Qatar personal identity number and old health card
Adult Residents: QID with a valid residence permit and old health card
Children Residents: QID with a valid residence permit, old health card, and original QID of sponsor
Domestic Staff: QID with a valid residence permit, old health card, and original QID of sponsor
Pay appropriate fees.
Other facts that you should know
Qatari adults and children: QAR 50
GCC nationals’ adults and children: QAR 50
Residents adults or children: QAR 100
Domestic staff: QAR 50
- Cashier counter at any HMC facility
- PHCC center nearest to where you are residing
Health cards can be renewed online 24/7 or by visiting either the cashier counter of an HMC facility or the PHCC center nearest to where you live during the morning working hours.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
Cove Image: For Illustrative Purposes
Thank you Qatar Living for providing such useful information in such accurate method. Thank to Qatar authorities for making the process so simple.
The process of renewing a health card online is smooth and worry-free, particularly useful during the lockdown!
I've done it, it was quick an easy. I'm glad I don't have to go to the HC again for renewal.