Ideal Diet at Tadawi Medical Center recommends foods to boost immune system
Consuming the right types of foods can play a crucial role in safeguarding one's health.
Virus infections can trigger an inflammatory response in the body which will make chronic medical problems worse.
Stress and unhealthy lifestyle could also cause inflammation.
Here are some recommendations from experts at Tadawi Medical Center to help ensure your wellbeing.
Food that you should avoid and that can increase inflammation:
- Refined carbohydrates, such as white bread and pastries.
- Fries and other fried foods.
- Soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Red meat (burgers, steaks) and processed meat (hot dogs, sausage)
- Margarine, shortening, and lard
Food that you should consume and that can help fight inflammation:
- Fatty fish and nuts:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: which are found in salmon, mackerel, tuna sardines as well as flaxseeds, walnuts, and chia seeds
- Fruits and Vegetables:
- Flavones/Flavonoids: such as the pigments found in the red-purple vegetables which includes eggplants, peppers, tomatoes, onions, kale, broccoli, and fruits like apples and berries.
- Beta carotene: found in orange vegetables
- Vitamins C: which is found in citrus fruits, kiwi, strawberries and papaya, tomatoes, colored peppers and potatoes.
- Isoflavones: such as those found in soy beans
Coffee, which contains polyphenols and other anti-inflammatory compounds, may protect against inflammation, as well.
Some recipes that can help strengthen your immune system:
Yields: 6 cups (1 Cup=250ml)
Before starting, soak the red lentils in water.
Cut all vegetables to small chunks.
In a pan put oil and sautée the garlic, onion. Once the onions change color add celery and carrot and potato. Add the turmeric and cumin powder.
Drain the red lentils and add them to the vegetables and mix well.
Add water, salt and pepper.
Boil until the vegetables and lentils are cooked.
Blend all ingredients with a blender and serve hot.
Fish with Harra Sauce:
Yields: 4 servings (1 serving= ½ cup)
Before starting marinate the fish in chopped garlic, olive oil, crushed black peppers, lemon juice and salt in a zipper bag and place in a fridge.
Put the oil in a pan, and add the chopped onions and sautée. Once onions change color add the mixed bell peppers and cook. Add the chopped tomatoes and sautée with the onions and bell pepper.
Add cumin powder, salt, pepper and green chili pepper. When cooked, garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
Bake the fish with the marinade in the oven for 15 min until cooked.
Serve the fish with the sauce on top and serve with brown rice.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @Qllifestyle
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - @qllifestyle
Tadawi can arrange a call with the dietitian for you. You can order delicious meal boxes delivered to your doorstep at Ideal diet. I order from them and definitely recommend it. The food is delicious, healthy and so convenient.
Are the dietitians working at the moment? Is Tadawi currently offering those services, or do they only attend emergencies?