Millenium Medical Center's Dr Asia highlights expertise in obstetrics/gynecology
Qatar Living recently visited the Millennium Medical Centre (MMC) in the Al-Luqta area. MMC is a Centre of Medical Excellence, which offers a suite of specialist doctors and the latest in medical technology.
Qatar Living was delighted to speak with obstetrician-gynecologist, Dr. Asia Zahra. She is the kind of doctor who is professionally committed to every individual patient in her care.
What is an obstetrician-gynecologist?
These are two related specialties in one highly skilled surgical specialist, namely:
- Monitoring and treating female reproductive health from puberty to post-menopause;
- Monitoring and treating pregnant women and delivering babies.
What can MMC’s, Dr. Asia offer me?
Dr. Asia has 10 years of experience and is an excellent listener. This is part of the reason why Dr. Asia has a track record of accurate and early diagnosis in her patients.
In the five years that Dr. Asia has been in Qatar, she has been seeing patients from different nationalities and age-groups. The soft-spoken specialist is committed to making all her patients feel comfortable in her care.
Dr. Asia understands that women are very diverse in their reproductive profiles and never takes any patient’s symptoms for granted.
What particular areas of expertise in obstetrician-gynecology does Dr. Asia offer specifically at MMC?
- General female reproductive system health
- Dr. Asia urges all women to understand that gynecology is not only for when alarming symptoms appear. From puberty onwards, women should go in for a routine check-up at least once a year.
- These yearly visits are also to scan reproductive organs such as the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes for Dr. Asia to keep a database on your reproductive health.
- Dr. Asia is clear that the earlier one starts gynecology consultations, the more information can be banked in the database to be used later on should there be any symptoms or developments.
- Dr. Asia also ensures diagnosis and treatment of any fertility issues, menstruation irregularities, hormone disorders, venereal diseases, or any other related issue.
- Dr. Asia is passionate about her fertility and conception work where hormone levels, menstruation cycle analysis, and other tests are done to help patients achieve their family goals.
- Once a patient is pregnant, Dr. Asia safely monitors and treats accordingly.
- Dr. Asia is also the specialist that leads the team to deliver a patient’s baby and ensures post-birth care.
Qatar Living observed the passion with which Dr. Asia spoke about her work and in the close relationship she keeps with her patients.
When asking about the ultrasound pictures of babies on her wall, Dr. Asia beamed with pride and referred to them as ‘her babies’.
The visible joy in so many safe and successful births, framed on her wall, is testimony to a doctor who is deeply caring and of the highest standard in the medical industry.
For consultation inquiries with Dr. Asia, you can contact MMC on 44111170 or 33011170.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial