MoCI issues updated guidelines for gyms
Qatar has been giving its all to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) to protect the health of its population.
In addition to ensuring the availability of dedicated facilities to test and manage COVID-19 cases, the country's Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reminds the public daily to follow all precautionary measures to prevent a second wave or numbers rising.
As the country continues efforts to curb the spread of the virus, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) has updated the instructions related to the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions on gymnasiums.
In a statement on its social media, the MoCI said, “In line with the previous decisions and measures taken to preserve the safety and health of Qatar's citizens and residents and to limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), it has been decided to make new amendments to the decision issued on July 28, 2020, during the third stage of the gradual lifting of restrictions on gymnasiums with regards to the instructions that gyms should comply with."
According to the updated guidelines, it will be mandatory for gyms to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- To limit the occupancy rate in the gym's capacity by ensuring the commitment of employees and customers to maintaining a safe distance of at least 3 meters to ensure social distancing
- Checking and measuring the body temperature of gym staff and clients upon arrival, and denying entry to individuals whose temperature exceeds 38 degrees Celsius
- Allowing staff and clients entry only after checking the color code identifying their health condition on the Ehteraz app. Only green code holders are allowed in.
- Requiring staff and clients to wear masks while they are inside the gymnasium.
- Requiring employees and clients to maintain a safe distance of not less than 3 meters from each other. The area surrounding each fitness trainer must be at least 2 square meters in all directions.
- Indoor group exercise is strictly prohibited, and fitness trainers are allowed to train only one person at a time, with a commitment to maintaining physical distancing and leaving a safe distance of not less than 3 meters.
- Outdoor group exercise is allowed while maintaining physical distancing and leaving a safe distance of not less than 3 meters.
- Allowing the reopening of toilets and changing rooms in gyms
- Providing hand sanitizers and soap in all facilities of the gyms
- Urging customers to bring and use their own towels, personal hygiene kits, and water bottles
- Gym staff must clean and sanitize gym equipment every 2 hours at a minimum
The updated guidelines have been effective from Thursday, November 12, 2020.
However, these may be "subject to amendments and updates according to the latest developments in this regard," MoCI stated.
"Any violation of this decision will subject perpetrators to legal accountability and procedures," the Ministry added.
Earlier, this month, in a speech at the Shura Council Headquarter His Highness the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani also stressed the importance of adhering to the preventive and precautionary measures in place against COVID-19.
"It must be underlined that the pandemic is still raging at its height in different parts of the world, and we are still facing it in Qatar, and it is necessary not to be complacent in order to avoid a second wave of [the] pandemic, and to comply with the instructions, especially social distancing, wearing masks and adhering to home quarantine when necessary," HH the Amir had said.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
Cover and Inline Images: for illustrative purposes only.
I think it will be safer to workout from home from now. Just to be safe :)
I don’t even know about terminologies of [url=https://www.essayuniverse.net/best-essay-writing-services/]top essay writing service[/url] things which are used in lift making. But, improvements in them are sounds so good. And I hope that with help of backup systems; we will never face any issues in dealing with them.
I don’t even know about terminologies of things which are used in lift making. But, improvements in them are sounds so good. And I hope that with best essay services help backup systems; we will never face any issues in dealing with them.
We are very very happy for it .... yes ..........
What about MMA training ?any kind of restriction ?