PHCC begins medication home delivery service
Under Qatar's newly announced remote healthcare services with the ambition to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC) has activated its medication home delivery service.
According to the PHCC announcement on its official Twitter page, patients who require their medications can contact their respective health centers via WhatsApp.
However, currently, the delivery service is only available to Qatari citizens.
The timings for contacting PHCC through the WhatsApp numbers are from Sunday to Thursday from 8 am to 2 pm and from 4 pm to 10 pm.
Following the current development of the (COVD-19) and in the interest of public health, Primary Healthcare Corporation started Medication delivery service in health Center.#stay_at_home#YourSafetyIsMySafety pic.twitter.com/7DlD9BfGsX— مؤسسة الرعاية الصحية الأولية (@PHCCqatar) March 29, 2020
The numbers for each Health Center are listed below:
- Abu Nakhla HC- +97466989530
- Al Jumailiya HC- +97455742321
- Al Karaana HC- +97455783415
- Al Rayyan HC- +97433414377
- Madinat Khalifa HC- +97455711382
- Al Thumama HC- +97455769323
- Umm Ghwailina HC- +97466887908
- Al Shaeehaniya HC- +97455717941
- Al Waab HC- +97455876315
- Mesaimeer HC- +97455723211
- Qatar University HC- +97455722976
- Al Wakrah HC- +97455743873
- Al Wajbah HC- +97455797899
- Muaither HC- +97466887827
- Al Daayen HC- +97455747657
- Al Kaaban HC- +97455780402
- Al Khor HC- +97455770192
- Umm Slal HC- +97455748093
- Omar bin Khattab HC- +97455103047
- Abu Abkersaddiq HC- +97466897736
- Al Ruwais HC- +97466939192
- Gharrafat Al Rayyan HC- +97455733526
- Leabaib HC- +97455798678
- Leghwairiya HC- +97455309822
- Airport HC- +97455775194
- Rawdat Al Khail HC- +97466718301
- West Bay HC- +97466824481
"These numbers are temporary only due to the current circumstances," PHCC has underlined.
Earlier, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) had announced that Hamad Medical Corporation and PHCC are working together with Q-Post to have medications delivered to your home to ensure you can receive your required medications without visiting the health centers or clinics.
Furthermore, PHCC will also offer "visual consultations." Patients can dial 16000 and choose the PHCC option. They will then be routed to a PHCC Community Call Center offering remote telephone and video consultations for patients requiring both routine and priority care.
The community call center will be open seven days a week from 7 am to 11 pm.
Those who wish to avail of this service can expect a video or telephone consultation with a physician, who will provide them with advice, diagnosis and offer prescriptions.
Moreover, the service will assess those patients with routine conditions providing guidance.
For any queries, or concerns related to COVID-19 in Qatar, the public can contact a 24/7 hotline set up by the Ministry.
Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living