Qatar reports its first case of coronavirus
Qatar's Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has confirmed Qatar's first case of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
This was announced by Qatar News Agency (QNA) earlier today.
Minister of Public Health has recorded the first confirmed case of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) on 29 February 2020 in the country. pic.twitter.com/wnL35hBtuK— Qatar News Agency (@QNAEnglish) February 29, 2020
The patient is a 36-year-old Qatari man, who was recently evacuated from Iran on a government-chartered plane. The patient had been under quarantine with other evacuees since his arrival in Qatar on Thursday, QNA reported.
The Ministry said that the patient is a 36-year-old Qatari male who returned recently from Iran. He was evacuated out of the country on a government-chartered plane and along with all other passengers has been under full quarantine. #QNA— Qatar News Agency (@QNAEnglish) February 29, 2020
MoPH has affirmed that the patient has been admitted to the Communicable Diseases Center (CDC) and is under complete isolation.
His condition is deemed stable by the Ministry.
The Ministry said that the patient has been admitted to Communicable Disease Center (CDC) and isolated under strict infection control measures, adding that he is in a stable condition. #QNA— Qatar News Agency (@QNAEnglish) February 29, 2020
The Ministry further mentioned that it has started examining all close contacts of the patient and is implementing appropriate quarantine measures.
Currently, there is no evidence of the spread of the virus in the country, MoPH said.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living