New Bentley Bentayga combines luxury and elegance with power
Bentley announced details of the new Bentayga, the definitive luxury SUV with more than 20,000 Bentaygas handcrafted since the car’s launch.
Combining the abilities of a performance grand tourer, a luxury limousine, a spacious family car, and an off-roader, the new Bentayga follows its predecessor’s mantle of having the broadest brief of any car on sale today.
The car that established the luxury SUV sector has been enhanced to create the ultimate in power, luxury, and usability.
The new Bentayga offers the widest range of on and off-road drive settings of any SUV, courtesy of Bentley’s Drive dynamics mode, and the optional all-terrain specification, while the Bentley Dynamic Ride – the world’s first electric active roll control technology has been further enhanced on the model.
Adrian Hallmark, Chairman and Chief Executive of Bentley Motors, said: “With the new Bentayga, we’re repositioning the pinnacle of the luxury SUV segment to be even higher, even further away from the competition. We’ve listened to our customers and made improvements to the areas most important to them, and the new Bentayga is a thoroughly modern and beautiful extension of the original car’s abilities and achievements.”
Here are some of the distinguishing features of the newly released Bentayga:
- Strikingly dynamic look which draws inspiration from the marque’s new design language, introduced by the third-generation Continental GT and all-new flying spur.
- The bold styling offers an imposing road presence, with every panel at the front of the car redesigned for a cleaner, modern look.
- The larger, assertive matrix grille is now more upright, while new, intelligent LED matrix headlamp technology includes the signature Bentley design inspired by cut crystal glassware.
- A more aggressive front bumper emphasizes the performance characteristics of the car.
- Heated, wet-arm windscreen wipers are introduced for the first time, with 22 washer jets in each arm.
- At the rear, the new Bentayga has undergone a major transformation, with a total redesign of the rear surfaces including a new full-width tailgate with new encapsulated lamps, while the license plate has been moved down into the bumper for a cleaner appearance.
- A 20 mm increase to the rear track width brings dynamic benefit and repositions the wheels in their arches to improve the car’s stance. The wheels themselves are a new design, unique to Bentayga.
- The Bentayga’s highly praised interior has been significantly revised. Among the major changes are a new center fascia and steering wheel, new door trims, and all-new seats with ventilation in the rear of the standard five-seat cabin option.
- An optional four-seat layout, featuring two individual rear seats separated by a center console, and three-row, seven-seat configuration.
- A next-generation infotainment system is integrated seamlessly into the handcrafted, Bentley ‘wing’ dashboard design and features a 10.9-inch display screen with edge-to-edge graphics.
- The all-new digital display includes super high-resolution and dynamic graphics that are configurable to suit driver preferences.
- Two levels of the audio system are offered: the Bentley Signature Audio and an optional Naim for Bentley system with no less than 20 speakers.
- Navigation with satellite maps, online search, and other features.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay is standard for the first time, alongside the existing wired system, along with Android Auto.
- Rear seat occupants benefit from the introduction of a new, larger touchscreen remote control tablet, similar to that introduced in the all-new Flying Spur
- Connectivity around the car has been significantly improved, with USB-C data ports and a wireless phone charger now standard.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
Source and Cover Image Credit: Bentley