Cabinet updates new Covid-19 precautions from January 30
The regular meeting of the Cabinet happened yesterday via video conference and was presided by the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior His Excellency Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani. The Cabinet reviewed the latest report by the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management and discussed the latest developments in light of the recent Covid-19 situation within the country.
The new measures are set to come into force from this Saturday, January 30, 2022, and will continue to be in force until further notice. Considering the best interest of the public and the safety of the community, the following has been decided:
- All public and private sector employees are to continue to work from their workplaces.
- Meetings for all government and private sector employees to continue at workplaces with a capacity limit of 30 vaccinated people.
- Public and private sector employees and workers who have not received the vaccine are required to do a rapid antigen test on a weekly basis. Employees and workers who have completed doses of the vaccine and have recovered from Covid-19 are exempted from this obligation.
General public safety:
- Face masks must continue to be worn in all open and closed public spaces, except for those who practice sports in open spaces.
- All citizens, residents, and visitors must continue to activate the EHTERAZ application on their phones before leaving their homes.
- Mosques can continue to remain open for daily prayers and Friday prayers while adhering to precautionary measures prescribed by the Ministry of Public Health and the Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs—with respect to the opening of toilets and ablution facilities in their premises. Children are allowed to enter.
- In closed spaces, a maximum of 10 people who have completed their vaccine doses are allowed. This number is excluding the number of family members who reside in the same home.
- In open spaces, a maximum of 15 people who have completed their vaccine doses are allowed. This number is excluding the number of family members who reside in the same home.
- Wedding parties can be held with a maximum of 40 people who are vaccinated and can be held only in hotels or independent wedding halls. The presence of people must not exceed more than 50% of an open wedding hall up to a maximum of 80 people.
- Gatherings in public parks, beaches, and the Corniche must not exceed 15 people or family members residing in the same house. The Cabinet has allowed practicing individual sports, such as walking, cycling, and running. All beaches and places with playgrounds and sports equipment are allowed to open provided capacity doesn’t exceed 75%. Public toilets are also allowed to open in gardens, as specified by the Ministry of Municipality.
Private and public travel:
- People traveling in a motor vehicle continue to be limited to only four people in the car, including the driver. The rule is an exception only for the family members residing in the same house.
- People transported by buses must be within 60% of the bus capacity, while adhering to precautionary protocols and social distancing.
- Metro services and public transport services can continue to operate at 60% capacity throughout the week. Designated smoking places will remain closed, and no food or drink is to be allowed on any public transport.
Education and schools:
- All school employees, staff, and students must be fully vaccinated and unvaccinated people and children must do a weekly rapid antigen test approved by MoPH, 48 hours before arrival at school.
- Educational and private training centers are allowed to continue operating at a full capacity of up to 75%, if at least 75% trainers and trainees are vaccinated, and less than 75% if only less than 75% trainees and trainers are vaccinated. Unvaccinated trainers and trainees must take the rapid antigen test approved by MoPH.
- Driving schools are allowed to continue operating at a full capacity of up to 75%, if at least 75% trainers and trainees are vaccinated, and less than 75% if only less than 75% trainees and trainers are vaccinated.
- Nurseries are allowed to operate at 75% capacity provided all workers are vaccinated.
- In centers designated for people with special needs, all educational sessions are allowed to have a maximum of 5 people per session, provided all trainers are vaccinated.
Entertainment places and commercial complexes:
- Cinemas and theatres, along with their services are permitted to continue at 50% capacity provided at least 75% of visitors are vaccinated. Children under 12 years are permitted to enter and will be counted under the 25% unvaccinated group.
- Museums and public libraries are allowed to remain open at full capacity and all vaccinated/unvaccinated people are allowed, including children under 12 years old.
- Restaurants and cafes are permitted to serve food and beverages based on these conditions:
- Full capacity for restaurants and cafes with the ‘Qatar Clean’ certificate and a capacity of 50% for restaurants and cafes that meet conditions determined by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in open spaces.
- Capacity within 75% for restaurants and cafes with the ‘Qatar Clean’ certificate and a capacity within 40% for restaurants and cafes that meet conditions determined by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in closed spaces. Children under 12 years are allowed entry only when accompanied by fully vaccinated family members and in closed spaces only.
- Malls and commercial complexes can function at full capacity irrespective of whether visitors are vaccinated or not, and the food squares can be fully occupied in all commercial complexes. Children of all ages are allowed entry.
- Traditional souqs are allowed to function at full capacity and all stores therein must adhere to the maximum capacity as prescribed by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. Children of all ages are allowed entry.
- Wholesale markets will continue to function at 75% capacity and allow entry to all vaccinated and unvaccinated people including children.
- Beauty and hairdressing salons are permitted to operate at 50% capacity, given that all workers and clients are fully vaccinated. Only two children under 12 years are allowed to be in the premise at the same time.
- Amusement parks and recreational centers are allowed a 75% capacity limit in open spaces. In closed space, the capacity limit is 50%, of which 75% must be vaccinated. Children under 12 years are counted in the 25% unvaccinated category and are allowed.
Sports & training:
- Sports training in indoor and open spaces for local international tournaments are restricted to a maximum of 40 vaccinated people in open and 30 vaccinated people in closed spaces respectively. This is applicable for training of the age group 18 years and below. However, the training for children below 12 years in private clubs continues to remain suspended.
- Provided the fans are vaccinated, local and international sporting events can operate at 50% capacity in open and 30% capacity in closed spaces. All local and special leagues sporting events, tournaments, and community sports activities are suspended.
Conferences, exhibitions, public events:
Conferences, exhibitions, and events are allowed to be conducted as follows:
- Capacity within 50% in open spaces
- Capacity limited to 30% in closed spaces
In every case, prior approval is required from the Ministry of Public Health, provided all organizers and participants are vaccinated and the events occur with prescribed precautionary protocols in place.
- Charter services of tourist boats, yachts, and pleasure boats can function at 30% capacity and a maximum of 15 people, provided all workers and passengers are fully vaccinated.
Personal yachts and boats are only allowed 12 people on board, with the exception of family members living in the same house.
Gyms, health clubs, pools:
- 75% capacity is the limit for all physical health clubs, gyms, training clubs and massage service. However, all shower rooms, saunas, Jacuzzis, Morrocan and Turkish baths, and steam services can reopen provided all staff and clients are fully vaccinated.
- Swimming pools and water parks are allowed to function at 75% capacity in open spaces. In indoor pools and waterparks 50% capacity is allowed, out of which 75% customers are vaccinated and children under 12 years are considered in the 25% unvaccinated category.
All these precautionary measures have been set in place by the individual jurisdiction of the Ministry of Public Health, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, and other relevant government agencies. They will take the necessary measures to ensure compliance on all fronts. All these changes are effective from Saturday, January 30, 2022, until further notice.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
Image credit & source: Peninsula