Hamad International Airport issues passenger advisory guidelines for Eid-ul-Adha holidays
Hamad International Airport would like to inform its passengers that during the upcoming Eid Al-Adha holidays, there will be a high volume of passengers departing from Doha starting on the 30th of June 2022 and a high peak of passengers returning to Doha from the 15th of July 2022. We, therefore, request our passengers to keep the following in mind, to ensure a smooth travel experience through the airport.
Airport Access and Car Park Services:
- Passengers are advised to conduct pick-up and drop-off at the short-term car park instead of curbside, which will ensure a smoother experience.
- Complimentary car park services will be provided at the short term car park according to the following schedule:
- 30th June 2022 00:00 hrs to 01st July 2022 23:59 hrs- First 01 hour free
- 07th July 2022 00:00 hrs to 08th July 2022 23:59 hrs- First 01 hour free
- 15th July 2022 to 18th July 2022 (04 days) free from 23:00 hrs to 03:00 hrs (04 hours)
- 22nd July 2022 to 23rd July 2022 (02 days) free from 23:00 hrs to 03:00 hrs (04 hours)
- Access to the arrival and departure terminal building will be restricted to travelling passengers only.
Check-in and Immigration:
- Please check-in online and arrive 3 hours prior to your flight unless your airline has specifically advised you to arrive earlier and avail early check-in services.
- Check-in desks will close sixty minutes prior to departure time.
- Qatar Airways customers are advised to use the self-service check-in and bag-drop facilities, which enables passengers to check-in, print boarding passes and bag tags; tag their bags and drop them at the bag drop swiftly before proceeding to border control.
- Use the E-gate facilities to expedite the immigration process.
- Families travelling with children must use the regular immigration counters
Baggage Guidelines and Care:
- Baggage allowance and weight restrictions will be firmly applied by airlines, so travellers are advised to enquire about baggage guidelines from their specific airline.
- Baggage repack area is available for passengers at the departure hall with luggage weighing machines.
- Please avoid wrapping check-in luggage with cling wrap plastic material as this may lead to damage – incase required, travellers may use the bag wrap service available at the departure hall.
- Personal items like watches, belts, wallets, jewellry must be placed safely inside the bag instead of loosely placed in trays before security screening.
- Electronic items larger than mobile phones need to be removed from bags and placed in trays for X-ray screening.
- Passengers must ensure they are not carrying any prohibited items such as liquids, aerosols, and gels – and to pack any liquid containers in a clear, re-sealable plastic bag with each being 100ml or less.
- Small vehicles powered by lithium batteries, such as hover boards, are prohibited from carriage.
- Passengers must not leave their belongings, including luggage, unattended at the terminal at any time. Unattended items will be removed by security personnel.
- Passengers must be aware of any updated travel requirements to the country they are travelling to for a hassle-free check-in process.
- Passengers are also requested to present a green health status on their EHTERAZ application to be able to travel.
- Passengers are advised to minimise travelling with pets due to the holiday peak time.
- Download the ‘HIAQatar’ mobile app available for both Andriod and iPhone devices for real-time information about flight status, baggage claim, time and direction to boarding gates and food, beverage and retail offers from Qatar Duty Free (QDF).
- Passengers are reminded that dining and retail options are available at every concourse, conveniently located close to boarding gates.
For a seamless journey, please follow the signage available at the terminal or ask HIA’s staff for assistance.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial
Cover image credit: Archello