MoEHE opens 5 new schools with International and sustainable standards
To give students the finest educational experience possible and to help Qatar meet its development goals and realize its National Vision 2030, the Ministry of Education and Higher Education opens five new preparatory and secondary schools for boys and girls in a number of major population centers.
Beginning with the commencement of the 2022–2023 school year, the new schools will begin to accept students. Each school can house 786 children, of whom 36 have special needs and are separated into 6 classes, while the remaining 750 pupils are divided into 30 classrooms.
The schools stand out for having cutting-edge structures that function in conjunction with the educational system to streamline administrative and instructional tasks and enrich the learning experience for pupils. In addition to an air-conditioned school assembly yard, each school has a sports hall, a theater, science labs, art workshops, computer labs, outdoor playgrounds, and designated parking. All academic topics are included in sustainability education, which goes far beyond the classroom. It equips students with practical skills that they may utilize to better the world. It will give today's kids the independence they'll need in the future.
In order to ensure that the new school buildings would be classified as green buildings in accordance with national standards, the Ministry was keen to implement the nation's sustainability standards during the construction of the schools. In addition to implementing security and safety measures and ensuring easy access for individuals with special needs, the Ministry used environmentally friendly materials throughout the building of the schools.
In conjunction with the schools' opening, HH Minister Buthaniya bint Ali Al-Nuaimi released a ministerial decision appointing directors for the five new institutions, including:-
- Mr. Said Abdel Hadi Saad Luthain as director of Amr Ibn Al-Aas Secondary School for Boys, which is situated in the Al-Wakra area and is connected to its municipality.
- Mr. Gamal Mohamed Yakoub Al Jaber, who serves as the director of Talha bin Obaid Allah Preparatory School for Boys in Al Daayen Municipality's Rawdat Al Hamama municipality.
- Ms. Maryam Khalaf Naser Hattab Al Kaabi as the the principal of Ramla Bint Abi Sufyan Secondary School for Girls in Umm Salal Muhammad, Umm Salal municipality.
- Ms. Shaikhah Jubran Said Al Mazarkah Al Shahrani as the principal of Hind Bint Amr Al-Ansaria Preparatory School for Girls in Umm Salal Municipality's Bufasilah municipality.
- Mr. Hassan Abdallah Mohamed Saleh Al Abdallah as Principal of Saeed Bin Zaid Preparatory School for Boys located in Al-Wukair area of the Al-Wakra municipality.
It is important to note that the five schools inaugurated by the Ministry are a part of the PPP schools project and are one of eight schools that will be opened as part of the first package through this partnership.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial