80 percent of the government employees to start working remotely from March 22
HE Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al-Thani chaired the regular meeting held by the Cabinet at the Amiri Diwan this afternoon.
The Cabinet decided to reduce the number of employees working at government entities to 20 percent of the total number of employees, while the other 80 percent of employees to start working remotely from home from March 22, 2020.
The Council of Ministers decides to reduce the number of employees present at the workplace of government entities to 20% of the total number of employees, while the other 80% of employees start their work remotely from home or upon request, as of Sunday 03/22/2020. #QNA— Qatar News Agency (@QNAEnglish) March 18, 2020
The decision is exempted for those who are working in these sectors: military, security, and health sectors, highlighting that State projects are not affected while taking necessary precautionary and preventive measures.
Additionally, to combat COVID-19, yesterday Qatar announced closure of a part of the Industrial area that starts from Street No. 1 to Street No. 32 for a period of two weeks, all retail stores and bank branches in the shopping malls and shopping centers excluding food outlets and pharmacies, all activities in men’s and women’s salonsincluding the home services provided by some of these salons, and all activities of health clubs in hotels.
Qatar has been working to the best of its capabilities to ensure the good health and safety of its citizens and residents in current times.
For any queries, or concerns related to COVID-19 in Qatar, the public can contact a 24/7 hotline set up by the Ministry. The hotline number is 16000 and is toll-free.
Here's everything you need to know about the virus, including ways to protect yourself.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living