Act now to avoid second wave of infections: MoPH
Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), together with relevant authorities, has gone above and beyond to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
By implementing strict preventive and precautionary measures against the virus and ensuring its compliance early on in the crisis, the country was able to flatten the curve and ease restrictions.
Throughout the different phases of returning to normal life, the relevant authorities have been reminding the public to adhere to safety measures to ensure that everyone in the community is guarded against COVID-19.
Now, with a recent rise seen in daily numbers of active COVID-19 cases, the Ministry has reiterated the need to comply with precautionary measures.
In a post on its Twitter page, the Ministry said, “Recently in Qatar, we have seen a gradual but worrying increase in the number of new daily COVID-19 infections. It is more important than ever that people adhere to preventive measures.”
In a press conference held by the Ministry earlier on Thursday, Dr Abdullatif Al Khal, Chair of the National Health Strategic Group on COVID-19 and Head of Infectious Diseases at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) said, the increasing number of new COVID-19 cases and in the number of people hospitalized every week is a matter of concern as it may be signs of a new wave of the pandemic in Qatar.
For this reason, he said, everyone must observe the required preventive and precautionary measures to "cut off the second wave before it gains momentum."
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial