Awqaf announces Umrah procedures for citizens and residents of Qatar
The Hajj and Umrah Department of the Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs (Awqaf) explained the mechanisms and procedures for organizing Umrah for citizens and residents of Qatar.
Awqaf tweeted a video on Tuesday about the procedures for Qataris and citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries and residents.
Procedures applicable to Qatari citizens and citizens of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf:
- Register in the "Tawakolna" application.
- Quarantine for 3 days in a hotel.
- Request an Umrah permit from the Umrah application (it can be downloaded on the Qatari SIM card).
Procedures applicable to non-Gulf residents in the State of Qatar and the rest of the Cooperation Council states:
- Reserving the basic package for Umrah through an authorized external Umrah agent and a Saudi Umrah company.
- The agent, through the Saudi company, books the date of Umrah and the visit through the Umrah application.
- The Umrah Company undertakes the issuance of visas for Umrah performers residing in Qatar.
- Submit a PCR examination certificate with a negative result proving that the pilgrim is free from the COVID-19 virus, issued by a reliable laboratory from the country in which the pilgrim resides, and the period does not exceed 72 hours from the time of taking the sample until the time of departure for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Quarantine in a hotel for 3 days.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @qatarliving
Twitter - @qatarliving
Facebook - Qatar Living
YouTube - qatarlivingofficial